WHY OUR FRIENDSHIP STILL WORKS






I am an extreme introvert so I have few friends. I will be talking about why a very good friend of mine and I are still close till date. You can adapt some of our methods in other to keep good friends around.

We've been friends for like three years now and it feels like I have known her since forever. We share somethings in common like cloth size, shoe size, voices especially on the phone (trust me its difficult to tell our voices apart), hair color etc. Although she's taller than I am (mind you am 5'8") it really doesn't matter.
Here are a few tips to help you out.

  • Understanding
In order to make your relationship with someone in this case friendship work you need to understand the person. Sometime this week I was talking to someone and the person was asking how we i.e. my friend & I are even still close till now. He literally said he is scared of our friendship because we are "like nose and air" and "are most closer than boyfriends and girlfriends". The reply I gave was the ability for us to understand each other perfectly. I know when she is in the mood and when she is not, I know when she's hiding something, when she's upset etc. and she knows the same things about me.

To keep your friendship growing with someone, understand the person.


  • Trustworthiness
Being trustworthy is important when dealing with people especially with friends. It is one thing in fact the major thing that has caused many relationships, friendships, families to fail. If there is no trust, there is no relationship. I trust her to make right decisions.
Trusting someone means you can tell what they can and cannot do. I know people say "trust no one" but the thing is sometimes you have to give some people the benefit of a doubt.


  • Straightforwardness
This is an attribute people are often scared of exhibiting. It's not a matter of being too blunt. Being straightforward means you see something that is either wrong or you don't like and you say it just the way it is. It is an important attribute that has kept our friendship going. If we do anything to each other we don't like, we say it and move forward. You feel more at ease when you say so than bottling it up inside.




  • Sincerity
One thing that turns both of us off coincidentally is lies. I hate it when people lie to me and the worse part is when you find out and the person still keeps denying it. It's really annoying. In other to maintain your friendship with someone, you need to be sincere with the person. It goes hand-in-hand with trust.



  • Keeping your lips closed
There is this thing that is common among ladies that I have heard and is actually true. It is believed that ladies can't keep their friends for long i.e. female friendships lasts shorter than male friendships. Why is this so?. It's because a lot of ladies can't keep their lips closed. Whenever they have a misunderstanding, they begin to 'wash their dirty linen in public'.
Fortunately for us, no matter the number of times we've had misunderstandings (Oh! don't be surprised, we have had plenty of misunderstandings) we have never 'washed our dirty linen in public'. If you don't know how to keep you lips closed, your relationship with people would never last.

Our friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things.

Wondering who she is? Here is she.




I hope I have been able to enlighten you on how to keep your friendship going with people.




We still have our differences though.


Have a great weekend everyone.



Cheers.
Debbrah.

Comments

  1. Aww, so sweet! I definitely agree with you. I'm very much of an introvert also. I keep very few close friends, and your criteria is great in judging who to have around and who to reserve as an acquaintance.

    Great post!

    Funmi x
    Funmialabi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment matters a lot.

Popular Posts